Lactation is a disorder that can happen for a number of reasons, including diets rich in concentrates and low in fiber. There have also been reports of the association of this disorder with hypocalcemic periods, twins, and metritis or endometritis. Displacement of milk in dairy cows happens more often due to their type of nutrition, which is more of grain and concentrate materials. .
Where is the milking cow?
The udder, or the real stomach of the cow, is located in the bottom of the rumen, which holds nearly 20 liters of contents, and if it is not full, it may be accompanied by moving the udder from the right side to the left side of the cow.
How does cow udder transfer occur?
The udder of the cow is located on the right side, and it may move to the left side of the cow due to the decrease in feed consumption by the animal and also cases such as the high pressure of the fetus during childbirth, which can be fully recognized by performing a ping test by a veterinarian.
It has been reported that udder displacement disease is nearly 5% among lactating cows, and nearly 80% of the disease occurs in the first month of cow lactation, which is completely normal, but if the disease is not treated quickly, it can reduce the percentage of reproduction and birth. Calf from this category of cows.
One of the ways to increase milk production in dairy cows is to consume a large amount of high energy and caloric feed. especially during childbirth, which is the reason that the rumen of the udder is empty and actually slides and goes to the left side of the live animal and causes displacement of the udder disease.
Signs and symptoms of cows with udder displacement
Certainly, nearly eighty percent of udder displacement disease occurs in the first month of cow lactation, if you face a shortage of feed consumption of such cows or the percentage of their milk production decreases, there is a possibility of live cows contracting udder displacement disease.
1. Loss of appetite and lack of animal feeding
2. Decreased milk production
3. The presence of low stool and mild diarrhea in the early days, which is dark-colored and smelly.
4. Bending the back of the trap
Factors and reasons influencing the occurrence of cow udder displacement disease
Sometimes the pressure from the side of the calf fetus and pulling the rumen up is completely normal, but the increase in the consumption of concentrate as well as the lack of long fiber and the sudden change in the diet are among the reasons and factors influencing the occurrence of the disease, which is caused by the management of the nutrition of dairy and beef cattle. You can prevent disease well.
Disease prevention methods
In general, you should be able to manage the feeding of dairy and beef cows well, because a small amount of concentrate consumption can cause disease, and also a large amount of concentrate can also cause milk displacement.
1. In order to have a full rumen, all dry cows should consume only 1% of their weight of concentrate and feed tall fodder along with it.
2. Prevent the cows from getting fat, because the lack of appetite of this category of livestock and also the reduction of tolerance of the stress of childbirth are among the problems that this category of cows suffer from.
3. The amount of feed and food ration of the animal should be given to it on time and avoid sudden changes in the food ration.
4. Avoid mixing too much animal feed because it reduces the physical form of the ration and fiber.
5. After giving birth to the cow, you should give enough concentrate to the cow, and whole cotton seed, soybean husk and sugar beet pomace are good constituents to limit the concentration of starch in the diet of newly calving cows.
In addition to complying with the above, you should avoid the occurrence of various cow diseases after calving that aggravate the udder displacement disease, which include mild ketosis, placental abruption, uterine inflammation (metritis) or milk fever. All of them are among the diseases that are caused by mismanagement in proper feeding of pregnant cows. Therefore, it is better to check the condition of the cow’s body score before and after giving birth, because fat cows are more exposed to ketosis and placental abruption, which are the same category of cows more exposed to udder displacement disease.
Therefore, by using Dynalac fat supplement, a product of UFAC, England, and fat powder, a product of DUA CUDA, Indonesia, the energy needed by animals is supplied during the time of negative energy balance and peak milk production, which balances the animal’s physical condition score and prevents the development of metabolic diseases. It is prevented from moving the valve.